You will be taught by a highly experienced Trainer, whose aim is to ensure you know what to do should a medical accident or emergency occur. This certificated 1 day accelerated Paediatric First Aid course, complies with Ofsted voluntary registration requirements, is suitable for parents, nannies, babysitters, family members, au pairs and anyone who wishes to equip themselves with this vital knowledge. Child-minders, early years staff and all others working with children who are required to fulfill the requirements of the Ofsted Compulsory Register will need to undertake the two day course to meet their requirements.
Optional EpiPen training can be added at the end of the session £15.00
Riverside Cares also focuses on helping students gain confidence in their own ability to react to an emergency.
- On Line Bookable dates are taught in a classroom setting in HOLBORN, LONDON close to Holborn Tube Station.
- Option available to organise a session for your own private group at a location of your choice
- Paediatric First Aid 9.15 to 17.00 on public dates – private sessions at times that suit you
- Optional extra, Epi Pen Training available
- Dealing with emergencies
- Recognising and responding appropriately to anaphylactic shock
- Contents of a First Aid Kit
- Recording accidents and incidents
- Planning for First Aid emergencies
- Dealing with shock, blood loss, poisoning, foreign objects and electric shock
- Dealing with conditions such as epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell & diabetes
- Recognising and responding to Meningitis and other sudden serious illness
- Responding appropriately to burns, scalds & choking
- Suspected fractures
- Head, neck & back injuries
- Eye injuries, bites, stings, effects of extreme heat & cold, febrile convulsions
Epi Pen Training Contents
- Understanding anaphylaxis
- Causes of anaphylaxis
- Signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- How to use an Auto Injector